Cryptex encrypted DVD discs offer an ideal solution for corporates, government departments, insurance companies, banks - in fact for any business or individual who wants an assured way to protect personal or sensitive files on discs that are to be taken out of the office by individuals (for working offsite) or dispatched via mail or courier. It is easy to see the value of the encrypted product after the recent disasters involving lost discs containing the personal data of millions of people.
Soft-R encryption technology is unique because it combines an autorun burning application with an encryption program which works on DVD recordables. Since the application used to burn the disc is already on the disc, all the hassles of file transfer are eliminated - people do not need to become Mastering experts in order to copy files onto a DVD-R.
How it works:
The DVDSoft-R Cryptex creates a single Safe file for the selected folders/files. The Safe file contains the encrypted data on the DVD. The internal structure encryption control utilises the industry standard AES-256 bit in Cipher-Block Chaining mode (CBC) and a data part which is formatted following a fully Windows compliant FAT file system structure. The master keys are generated from the user password by a spread function of random data using a SHA-256 hashing algorithm. The maximum length of the user password is 64 bytes, with special characters accepted and suggested. Finally, all the file data is blanked using a random function continuously variable over the entire file, ensuring that two identical data blocks will never be represented in the file with the same byte sequence.
- 4.3Gb Free space
- Encrypt data on the fly
- Virtual Keyboard
- Password (255 characters max)
- Wipes temporary and encrypted files from your PC
- AES 256 Bit (CBC) encryption algorithm
In a Nutshell:
- Cryptex DVD Disc autoloads when it is placed in the disc drive
- Disc burning software already contained on Cryptex Disc
- Disc burning software driven by Wizard to create encrypted files in 3 easy steps
- Additional files may be appended to an encrypted disc
- Ideal for providing data security for CD/DVD transport from one location to another and for archiving files securely
- Verification of encrypted and recorded data
- No software installation
- System Requirements Compatible with Microsoft Windows XP, 2000 and VISTA, requires a CD/DVD disc drive recorder, manufactured since 2000 that supports MMC commands.